Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hot Flashes

You want 'em? I got 'em! Holy cow!!! Is it hot in here or what? I’m thinking it's a good thing I’m doing this chemical menopause in the summer. When I say, “is it hot?” and break out into a sweat, everyone else in the room agrees with me. If I started these shots in December or January, my family would freeze to death. I’d be turning on the air conditioning in the middle of a winter blizzard. On top of paying exorbitant prices for Lupron injections, my annual average electric budget would be blown all to hell... a place whose temperature I am now intimately familiar with.

Wait, it wouldn’t have been such a bad thing. I could have replaced the need for a snow blower. Stop, drop and roll would quench my interior burning and I’d melt the snow off the driveway one body length at a time. Forget snow angels. I’d end up toasting the dormant grass below.

Okay, I’ve had enough of this. I’m out the door to load up on who knows how many 12-packs of Diet Mountain Dew. I’ve checked the ice bin in the freezer. It’ll likely get me through three or four more of these female power surges before I have to restock.

I ask again... Is it hot in here or what???

1 comment:

kim said...

I hear ya, sister!!!!