Friday, August 14, 2009

Somebody is School Shopping

... but it isn't me! For the first time in 17 years, I am not running around Wal-Mart looking for binders and pens and glue sticks and composition books and backpacks and reams of paper and Texas Instruments calculators.

I am not parked in the mall parking lot handing out $300 to each child for school clothes and shoes. (Yes, I'm a tightwad. $300 was my limit; anything over that they had to pay for themselves.)

I have not had to go to the high school and write a check for $748 for "registration and school fees" made payable to our free public education system.

BLISS! CONTENTMENT! GLEE! No apples for the teachers from me.

3 comments:

kim said...

It is, indeed a great feeling and a good time of life! I has also felt the same freedom and have embraced it!

Juliann said...

My mother was so excited this year to be just doing one kid.

Suz said...

$300 for clothes, my 13 yr old would be in heaven.

You've done your time and paid your fees enjoy!!

Now facing college, scary!