Thursday, September 24, 2009

Where is the Justice in That?

So, day after day I don walking shoes and haul my clinically obese derriere up and down the hills in my neighborhood. I leash up two monstrously large dogs and traipse around from hither to yon with them so that they and I can get exercise. I swear off carbonated beverages and give up caffeine such that 'do the dew' is becoming only a faint memory. I bake like a mad woman for my food blog, yet after just a taste-test sample, send all the goodies to my neighbors in the name of my good health. I haul around hand weights and step up and back on an exercise step. Rain or shine. With or without my HenPecks partner. Biceps, triceps, chest flies, maybe not a zen master but a thighmaster certainly. Glutes. (don't ya just love that word?) Sit-ups... gadfrey... I've come to deplore the word crunches. All in the name of health and fitness. All in the name of burning calories and upping my metabolism.

And the net result???

The Captain loses 7 pounds. Are you serious?!?!?!?!?!?

I ask again, where is the justice in that!?!

2 comments:

Rae Jean said...

I totally understand this! When Don and I start to go to the gym reguarly...he loses weight and I maintain. Women just have it harder. I guess that is just something that we will have to change, in our own worlds. You know those...the worlds where the men have the babies and get PMS! lol. I'm giving you an A+++++ for the effort! Hang in there!

kim said...

You are the woman! I asbsolutely agree! IT does NOT seem fair! Keep up the good work, though! I am proud of you and are grateful for your example in my life! Love ya!