Monday, January 11, 2010

How To Communicate

Can you tell me how you do it? How do you effectively communicate? Are there people you just "click" with? Ones that it isn't a lot of work explaining yourself and your thoughts to? (Yes, I'm aware of the dangling participles at the end of the two previous sentences.)

It's always confusing to me when a conversation begins where I think people are all sharing ideas, then in the middle of it, you get blindsided with someone objecting to the "motives" behind what your saying. Especially when you had no such motives.

Why is it some people are offended by one's "delivery" and others aren't? How can two people hear what you are saying... the exact same words... and have such different interpretations of them?

It makes me want to only talk with the people I click with... the ones that "get me." Is it lazy to want that? Is the point of communication to do the striving and the straining of making oneself understood as well as heard?

1 comment:

Rae Jean said...

I'm clueless as to your question. But hey! Was sure fun to visit with you yesterday! Josh did a great job and looks fantastic...cute as ever. You have an awesome family...you should be very proud of them! They love you so much! Thanks for the good food!!!