"Well, looks like we dodged a bullet." Turns out the tumor (Lucyfer as the Captain named her) was "pre-cancerous." So... to do my best Pollyanna/Mary Sunshine... it was a good thing that Mabel the Mass began to encrouch uncomfortably on my innerds or else I would never have known about Lucyfer lurking in the background.
Crisis averted. Cancer avoided. All things are good with the world. I am now back at work and reengaged in my real life.
A special thank you to the wives and husbands of Dr. Glenn, Dr. Grover, Dr. Platt, Dr. Thomas and Dr. Urie for sucking it up while they went to medical school. To all the doctors themselves... it was rude of me to doze off like that in the operating room rather than meet and greet each of you. I apologize -- my mother taught me better manners than that, I promise.
Speaking of which, a heartfelt shout-out to my mother and my sister who came to take care of me for the first 14 days post-surgery. I am now missing my mother's cooking and my sister's iPad. Another shout-out to all who sent flowers, plants, text messages and other well-wishes. A particularly personal "thank you so very much" to the Captain -- for the attentiveness, the calmness, the meals, the prayers, the concern, the 'taking the wheel' of moving before surgery and now moving again.
Did y'all know he has a mass too? Only his is in his brain. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. We'll be doing this 'mass removal' thing again in October when he goes under the knife. I plan on doing my part and stepping up while he's laying down.

1 comment:
Wow, isn't that crazy that you had to have surgery to fine your precancerous tumor, kind of like our mom who found her cancer when she was having surgery for something else.....thank goodness for doctors who know stuff I'll never imagine knowing or learning. So glad you are on the mend and feeling a bit better. It is good to see you are up and around, although a bit tender still. Love you!
Post a Comment