Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm Back...

Well... I'm finally back. Lots of changes since I took my temporary sabbatical.

First: The 100 Day Heart Challenge is over. I didn't get any official results because I'm no longer working for Intermountain Healthcare (more on that later) and it was an internal program. I was able to participate up till my departure date from the company (which ended up being a week before the challenge ended). My unofficial results turned out to be as follows: lost 22 pounds and dropped my blood pressure by 9 points (diastolic) and 7 points (systolic). I didn't get to do any blood work at the end so I don't know those final numbers. That's okay, though, because even at the start my cholesterol, trygicerides, and blood glucose levels were all within normal ranges.

Second: I HAVE A NEW JOB!!! Can I tell you how thrilled I am about that? Not only because of the company I now work for but also because I get to work from home. I'd been trying to get hired by this company since back in March. Finally in August I got a response. After three interviews, I got a job offer and have been blissfully employed since September. I was offered a position that allows me to work from home, except for a couple days a month when I go into the office.

I spent the first three weeks commuting up to Draper for training, but this week I am officially at home doing my job. I start work early in the morning and am done by 1:30 - 2:00 in the afternoon. I can't tell you how happy I am about it.

The work is enjoyable and interesting. Lots of opportunities for advancement. The people are terrific; the company is energizing and very fun to work for. All things considered, if I have to have an "employer" instead of my own business, this is one I enjoy working for and I am back to looking forward to going to work each day.

Okay, that's the news. I expect I'll be back to pursuing the other interests I have in my life as I adjust to this work schedule. I'm even thinking of resurrecting the Pastry Flake.