Monday, December 8, 2008

Just your standard update

Jon is busy, busy, busy. Football is over, however all the other associations and clubs he belongs to are still going strong... with another one (DECA) to be added after the Christmas holiday. He was instrumental in getting a tree into the “Festival of Trees” this year. He is on the high school newspaper staff and so he raised the money for the journalism class to donate the tree. They entitled it “The Gift of Literacy” and decorated it with book-type ornaments and stuff. He got some bookstores around the valley to donate copies of the Twilight series, all the Harry Potter books, and a bunch of individual books as well. They placed all of those at the base of the tree as well. The tree sold at the auction before the public viewing event. He was thrilled to find that out.

Many of you have asked how Josh is doing. I wish I could tell you. But I haven’t heard from him since the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I check my email every Sunday afternoon (New Zealand is 18 hours ahead of us.) But, for the past two weeks, there has been nothing in my Inbox. I’m hoping he’s doing well. I’m assuming he’s doing well. Maybe next Sunday, I’ll know for sure.

Katie is busy. I don’t know exactly what she’s doing, but there’s a lot of motion and movement, so she’s at least busy. She works two part-time jobs and is still taking her Medical Assisting class. She has an active social life. She’s in Relief Society each week. That’s a little trippy. I’m used to be the only person I’m related to in Relief Society. Now, my daughter’s there every week.

Spencer is playing basketball for his school this year. We’ve been to one game so far. This week, his game is in Price, so I don’t know if we’ll make the trip. He was working at the same place Rob and Katie work, but I don’t think he’s working anymore, now that basketball practice and games take up most of his time.

My mom came to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with us. She arrived the Sunday before Turkey Day, so we had everyone here for dinner that night. Brett & Juliann were leaving the next day for California (and then London for Brett), so we had to squeak in a family dinner before they left. Mae is adorable. (Yeah, what else were you expecting? Of course, we are all COMPLETELY impartial and unbiased, right?) I’m sure my mom was anticipating seeing everyone, but, frankly, the thing she seemed to always say to me was, “I can’t wait to see *that baby*!!!” You know, I have to add here... as much as I love to see Mae (and wish we could see her more often), once Brett & Juliann get here, I seem to enjoy sitting and visiting with Juliann as much as having Mae in the house to pass around from arms to arms. She's a great mom and is very sweet to Brett. -- I think she kinda likes him ;) But, in addition to that she is open and friendly. She's interesting to talk to and visit with. I have to say... I like her a lot!

Rob and Rachel made the announcement that they have set an official wedding date: May 22nd. Oh gosh, now I’m not sure... was it the 22nd or the 23rd? Crud, I’ll have to call someone and ask. Anyway, Rob has moved into his own apartment. He and Rachel have been painting and putting up baseboards and chair rail... doing the ‘fix it up’ thing. Cool!

Well, I guess that’s the update.

4 comments:

kim said...

Lots of great news, Karla! Good to hear from you1 We are looking forward to see you guys this weekend! See if you can postpone the snow until the weekend is over, will ya?

Barney Blah...g said...

I like the update as well, we are bringing your christmas gift so I hope we can get together!

Rae Jean said...

It sounds like your Thanksgiving was fun Karla! Having moms around, just seems to make the holiday, doesn't it??? It's good to hear how the kids are doing...but how is Karla doing? It sounds like you are enjoying little Mae and Julianne. That is so cool! Sure love you! Hope we will see you this weekend!

Rae Jean said...

I almost forgot! That is so cool that Jon had a tree in the Festival of Trees...and it sold! Way Cool!!!

Also way neat about Rob and Rachel. We will look forward to the wedding!!!