So... Jon is having himself quite a senior year in high school. He won the Sterling Scholar award for Business & Marketing for his high school. His chapter of DECCA (a business law and ethics association) won the state championship three weeks ago. He and his partner, Mike Kaplan, placed first in their region and sixth at state for the two-person competition. He is currently up in Layton at the state championship for the HOSA club competitions. He has one more state competition coming up. This one for FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America). I don't know exactly when it is or what the competition is about, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.
He has been awarded a New Century Scholarship by the state of Utah for completing his Associate's degree while still in high school. It awards him various scholarships depending on the school he chooses to attend. He decided to accept the two year 3/4 scholarship from University of Utah, so that's where he's going to go to finish his undergraduate degree. The Sterling Scholar award is 1/2 tuition so the combination of the two scholarships gives him full tuition and books plus a 1/4 scholarship amount in stipend cash to use toward living expenses.
Last but not least, prom is in about three weeks.
Whew!! Busy, busy, busy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow! Way to go Jonathon! What a great year you are having! Kudos to your folks, too! Remember us when you are rich and famous1 Keep up the good work!
Jon you are amazing!! I wish I had half the brains the ambition you show in what you have done before you graduate from high school. Keep up the good work and remember Uncle Mike and Auntie Kim
Tell Jon congrats! That is really impressive and exciting.
Hey, I won the Sterling Scholar in that same area. However, at Escalante High School, there wasn't must competition. (None, actually :) Good for him. Glad to hear he is headed for Cedar City. I went there for awhile, it was lots of fun. And he'll be so close to G & G Munson!! Well - kind of...closer than any of the rest of us.
Post a Comment