
However, I. Do. Not. Golf. Put me out on the scenic links and I... well... I choke. Now, put me on a miniature golf course and I’ll spank everyone else playing. That’s thanks to a teenage job at the Huish Family Fun Centers in San Diego, California. Three miniature golf courses, noisy arcade with pinball machines, air hockey tables (by the way, I’ll own you on those as well), batting cages, trampolines and bumper boats. But real live spend the day with Phil Mickelson golf? That’s another story entirely.
But take a lesson from me, folks. Don’t let inability deprive you of enjoyment. You’ll still find me out on the fairways a couple of times a month. I am an essential member of the team.
I drive the cart.
I realize the Captain appreciates help with his game. Don't think he's left to fend for himself just because I'm useless for everything except sharp turns and finding lost balls in the rough. That's why I love the golf course by our house. Management has thought of everything. They have positioned the staff to help patrons all along the fairways as well as on the greens. For example, yesterday as he approached the 18th hole, the Captain needed some expert advice on distance to the cup.

It's uncanny how the staff here anticipates your every need and shows up right when you need them.

They quickly looked things over,

conferred together

and ended up giving the Captain some great pointers.

I’m glad he took their advice. It’s a sure bet I couldn’t have helped him calculate that shot.

4 comments:
Sweet!!! Lets get together with our hubbys and golf, well I will ride in the cart, you can drive and they can golf, we can bring some lemonade and snacks and have a lovely afternoon together. I suck at golfing, having to swing at least 3 or 4 times just to hit the ball! Not a good sport for me. Can you go on Saturday? I will be down.
I wish I could find such advice on the golf course! I do have to say that driving the cart is the best part of golfind. I do like to swing the club though, too.
We need to learn how to speak Duck over here. Our Deer is okay, but they stink at golf.
I laughed so hard at the staff! Cute pictures and hilarious blog entry! Karla...you've got a gift!
I've never actually tried golfing, and would probably be quite good at it...NOT!!!!!
Post a Comment