It's off to work I go. For the first time in almost a year, I have a job again. Well, actually, I have a business again. (You know me... I don't like being someone's employee.) I turned down a salaried-employee job offer a couple of weeks ago so I could be an independent contractor again.
Yesterday I passed the state licensing exam. Today is the first day in 10 days that I didn't get up, splash water on my face, put on my reading glasses (old age, y'know), pull out my study guide and try to cram foreign information into my sotty old brain for 6-8 hours. Woo hoo! I say again, can I get a woo hoo?!?
Today I get fingerprinted and background checked. Lovely. Then I get registered in the database and away we go...
Y'know, I have a stepson who is in sales... and doing very well. Different product, different market, but come to think of it... it might be fun to show that the old folks still got that competitive mojo goin' on. Yep... think I'm gonna throw down a little friendly family challenge.
By the way, it's appropriate "Heigh Ho" should be my theme song today. After all, Grumpy is my favorite dwarf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Congratulations!!! I bet you are so excited to get out there and back into the money making saddle again. You will be great! After all the cramming of foreign material into your head you should take a little break, down a mojito (virgin of course) put your feet up and pat yourself on the back...
WooHoo for you! YOU did it! Congrats and good luck as you re-enter the world of selling!
CONGRATS! I'm hoping your success is genetic since it is mid-terms for me!
That is such good news! Good for you for studying so hard- I might struggle with that! Even though you say you are old and grumpy- not true- we still love ya!
Way to go Karla! This is great news. Now go and get em!
Post a Comment