Friday, September 17, 2010

My Friend Died on Wednesday

I feel such grief. I spent yesterday morning trying to compose myself enough to go out in public. He has been my friend since I was in junior high. I talked to my sister, Marian the Librarian, yesterday. She had the same 'crying-in-the-morning' reaction I did. She lives a few hours away from him, so she and my brother-in-law are going to the funeral. I'm so glad she will be there to represent all of us who loved him.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Family-remembers-kayaker-killed-in-accident-103085204.html

Well done, Rod. Well done. I never had any doubt. The quality of who you were always going to be was evident even when we were young.

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I'm so sorry. Hope you're doing okay.

Rae Jean said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Karla. People that pass away, can never be replaced. Luckily, there are things called memories, to light up our nights when we are down. Hugs around you! Love you! (Loved catching up on your posts!)