Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Today

In my mug: Belgian Dark Hot Cocoa

In my spoon: Baked Oatmeal with sliced peaches

In my ears: “Buffalo Soldiers” Bob Marley

In the freezer: Individual slices of fresh Utah peaches sitting on my baking sheets, getting ready to be stored in zip-lock bags to tide us over during the fresh-fruitless winter.

On my nightstand: 1. My Grandfather’s Blessings by Rachel Naomi Remen 2. Bayer Baby Aspirin (one tablet every morning) 3. A half-full bottle of Vitamin Water Go-Go. 4. Reading glasses (2.0 lens magnification) 5. Blackberry scented candle – unlit. And 6. Dust (sigh).

Anxious about: Juggling the Captain’s surgery and Jon’s entrance into the MTC on the same morning next week.

Out my window: The back patio cluttered with boxes, chairs and other items that haven’t found a home inside the new digs yet. Thirteen quail skittering across the lawn. My bicycle (that the Princess seems to think is hers now) leaning up against the post.

Over my shoulder: Cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom. A stove that needs to be wiped down.

In my prayers: Rod’s wife and children.

On my bedroom dresser: Tonight’s “project:” So many things in piles. I have no idea what they are.

On my mind: The Princess's mission call. Has it come today?

On my grocery list: Apple cider, hothouse tomatoes, Zip-lock bags.

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I love this post. Good luck with all you have to deal with!

Barney Blah...g said...

I like it too, just wish there were more from you, love reading what is up with you and the captain!

bkbishopfamily said...

I just want you to know that I'm thinking about you and wishing I could help you out somehow...oh, and major cheers for Katie, I am just thrilled for her!