I have decided to dump that way of living for the 1-2 years we are going to live in Provo. This time around, I walk to work. I walk to the grocery store. The house is small and there isn't a lot of room for all the "stuff" the Captain and I have accumulated in 50 years of living. But, rather than stress out about it, I just haven't made 'finding a place for everything' a huge priority. There are still boxes on my back patio. The windows don't have drapes or valances on them. (I have definite ideas of what I want each room to feel like, so I'm going slowly as I work on the design one room at a time.) AND, much to the chagrin of my children, I was in no hurry to get internet access.
The Captain had surgery this week. He had a pituitary tumor that needed to be removed, so he now gets to add brain surgery to his list of lifetime experiences. 2010 will go down as the year of tumor removal for both of us. Anyway, he will be going home from the hospital in the next couple of days and then will spend a couple of weeks recovering at home. In talking with my supervisors at work, I asked to be able to work from home during those two weeks so he wouldn't be left alone all day. That's a go, so... I finally had to get internet access.
Of course the children are deliriously happy about it. Josh can now get on the internet from his iPod in the living room while I sit at the computer in the "other room." (I don't quite know what to call that room yet. It currently has the dining table, computer desk and a big comfy chair and reading lamp in it.)
So, now that we're connected to the world again, I'll get busy uploading all the pictures on my camera and try to get back to some regular entries here.

1 comment:
Yeah!!!!!!! love you
Post a Comment