Friday, June 10, 2011

Rootie Toot Toot

So... I'm 50 now. So, we all know what gift we give ourselves when we turn 50. I had that gift today. So glad I don't have to have it again for five years. No more guilt when I pass the COLONSCOPY billboards. One small polyp removed and now life goes on.

Funny thing, aging. It's like you suddenly get permission to do things you're not supposed to do... like toot in front of other people. The nurse walks in after the procedure and asks if I've done it yet... to relieve all that air pressure in my abdomen. Seriously... when did this become a conversation topic amongst strangers? Then she gives me tips on what works best... post procedure: Walking, and laying on your left side (not at the same time, obviously).

The Cap'n comes to pick me up (he was working downstairs on the first floor), and he gets to hear all the tips and tricks, too. But not the end result. I went into the bathroom by myself for that.

I've now been home for two hours. I've walked the length and breadth of this house quite a few times. I've just taken my "make me sleepy" pain killers for the cracked rib (different story -- not related to today's procedure) and am about to do the "lay on my left side" thing. I'll never know if it's working because... well, I'll be asleep.

No comments: