Now, many of you may think I'm referring to Noah the prophet... as in ark building and lots of rain. Given this very wet winter and spring, and now the life and property-threatening run-off coming down the mountains here in Utah, I can see how your mind might go there. But no! I'm not talking about Noah and his floating precursor to the San Diego Zoo. I'm talking about Noah Hartsock. As in BYU basketball. Last year, Kay and I dined with Jimmer (as well as about 150 other people at Chuck-a-Rama that day). Tonight I walked with Noah.
BYU has a beautiful (and I'm assuming fairly new) walking path that winds around part of the campus. It has a lovely stream that runs through it and about five different waterfalls. So, tonight I decided to check it out. With my tennis shoes in hand, well, okay on feet, and a million thoughts running through my head, I decided to see just how relaxing this place could be.
It's lovely. And, I strongly suspect, it has ulterior motives. It's very... romantic. I suspect BYU is attempting to encourage butterflies in stomachs, binding of hearts and, likely, proposals of marriage on this particularly picturesque little stroll on the south side of campus. I saw so many couples I lost count. I guess that's what Mormon young adults do on a Sabbath night when they can't go to the Creamery on 9th. Lots of hand-holding. Lots of giggling and leaning into one another. Lots of hushed tones and doe-eyed glances.
I just kept my nose down and tried to get my heart rate up and have a productive walk. Then, around the corner, here he comes with his wife. Noah Hartsock. Ahhh. What a nice way to end the day. Talking BYU basketball by a waterfall on a sunset-glistened path. Yep, I guess I'm capable of doe eyes myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You cute little doe eyed girl, sure love ya!
Post a Comment