Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rain

It's a glorious thing!!!

Here in Utah (and in neighboring Colorado), we've been hit with quite a few fires. It's been a devastating thing for lots of communities and wilderness areas in this state.  Fires always make me sad. They leave such a scarred landscape behind them.

This morning, as I sat at my desk and worked, I could smell rain through my open window. Granted, it's not a lot of rain. It's just enough to leave the street and sidewalks marked with polka dots, but the feel and scent of rain seem to lift my spirits. I hope the added humidity in the air helps with the firefighting that's going on all around us.

Plus, these little drops are welcome in my growing garden.  You should see my two raised planter beds.  The tomatoes and peppers are doing marvelously.  The second round of radishes are also almost ready for harvest.  My pole green beans seem to be flirting with me. There are leaves on them, but no tendrils so I'm thinking they aren't going to turn out to be the pole dancers I had hoped for.  And, sadly, the cucumber plants are pathetic and the carrots never showed up.

Hmmmph!  So that's my first year garden report.

No comments: