Thursday, September 25, 2008

Okay, I just have to say it...

I'm sure you will all lose boatloads of respect for me (as if you had any already... but I digress). Well, here it goes:

I have a favorite blog I read a lot. It's called Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. I really like this woman. (I've never met her, but I like her writings, her humor, well... I like her whole blog.) I'm sure if I were her neighbor (fat chance of THAT ever happening), we would be best buds.

Anyway, she just returned from a trip to Arizona with her husband. She posted lots of pictures of saguaro cacti (plural for cactus - are you impressed that I know that?). Well... I just have to say it: Saguaro cactus look like mother nature's way of flipping people off. Really... That's the first thing I thought of when I looked at the photographs she posted. The thought went right through my head, "Oh my, that looks like a hand flippin' the bird."

Now, I had to drive Interstate 10 (THREE TIMES in 18 months) and well, the desert is pathetic. Hot, barren, and it seems to go on forever when you're trying to escape Texas and get back to San Diego. After surviving west Texas (true armpit scenery), you end up smack dab in the New Mexico desert. Just when you think you can't stand any more of it, you cross into Arizona... MORE OF THE SAME -- ONLY WORSE. And that's when she does it! Mother nature knows your mindset. She knows what you've been thinking as you've driven through the barren wasteland... and boom, she tells you what she thinks of it all. She starts flippin' you the bird ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!

"Ha ha, little human. You thought you'd be out of this by now... You're ready for palm trees, sea breezes and ocean views... but Noooooooooo (evil laugh inserted). You've got 10 more hours of this, easy. Bwahhh haaah haahhh."

I dunno. I just think those cactus plants look like they are throwin' some real attitude.



Admit it. You see it too.

1 comment:

Royce said...

If you are in SoCal again give us a call. We'll be here for the next 4 years. We're in Orange County but that's not too far from San Diego.