So... over a week ago I entered a contest on one of my favorite blog sites (Confessions of A Pioneer Woman). She had collaborated with Snapfish. They were going to choose 50 of the entries and give them 5 free copies of the book they designed on the Snapfish site. (Snapfish allows you to take your digital photos and upload them to their site and make a photobook out of them.) So I went... uploaded a boatload of our photos. I designed my book the way I wanted it and linked it to the Pioneer Woman promotion... and I won!!! Woo Hoo!!! I get five free copies of my own book of family photos. I'm so excited I can't stand it!!! I won! I won!
Cue the acceptance speech (start the timer): I'd like to thank the Academy for recognizing my efforts. I never thought this day would come. I'd also like to thank Canon for their remarkable camera. Point and shoot -- what a concept! I'd like to thank the Captain for buying me a camera for Christmas when we really couldn't afford it. I'd like to thank Rob, Brett, Josh, Katie, Spencer (tho' for some reason there aren't a lot of pictures of him... go figure... I never imagined him as camera-shy), Jon, Mae, Juliann, Rachael, the Captain, Bryce Canyon, Calf Creek, the San Diego shoreline, and all other unwilling participants of my photo-documentary of life. Oh, I can hear the orchestra starting up. That must mean we need to break to commercial now. Thank you! Thank you! You like me. You really like me. (A la Sally Field for those of you that are too young to understand why those last two lines are funny.)
Well, gotta run now. Going to go log onto Snapfish and see the particulars of how soon I can receive my photobooks.
Woo hoo! I'm a winner! I think I'll make myself a lapel button that says, "I'm a Winner" and wear it around the house to remind people just who they're in the presence of and how they should treat me if they want a copy of the book. Just kidding! Really! It isn't going to my head. Really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
haha lucky! i always enter blog giveaways... i have yet to get my glory.
a photobook sounds cool!
Yay for you!!!! I am so proud to know you...remember me when you are rich and famous...I am the FAVORITE sister in law! ha! I would love to see the cookbook!
I knew you were always a winner. Now I will have to do something with all the photos I have stored on my computer gathering cyber dust. Perhaps with the help of an award winning mentor, I will be making an eloquent acceptance speech someday. Imagine me giving you congratulatory hugs and trying not to wrinkle the couture gown you are wearing on the day of your acceptance.
I, too, love pioneer woman's blog! And I always think she has great giveaways, but what are the chances I will be chosen out of all those entries?...Way to Go!!!
Congrats!! You are a winner in a million ways, but how nice to get conformation for your photos.
Post a Comment