Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Countdown - Day 17

Doorbell ditch Nativity scene. We buy a Nativity set (an inexpensive one). We pick a family in the neighborhood. We wrap each piece separately. We clandestinely (is that a word?) deliver one piece of the Nativity set each night to their doorstep, ring the bell and run off into the night. On Christmas Eve, the last piece is delivered. It's always the baby Jesus in the manger.

Of all our traditions, I think this one is my favorite.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Way cool!

I've tried the 12days thing, I always end up missing a day and have to double up.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Luvs

Suz

kim said...

This is such a great idea! We will have to try it next year!

Jaclyn said...

What a fun idea-- I've never heard of that. Mae is headbanging right now to her own chant. Just thought you should know.