So, what did I learn from the exercise of being deliberately grateful throughout November? I learned there are so many things in my life for which I should be and am grateful. (Did you notice I did NOT do the dangling participle thing there at the end? My writing is definitely improving. Now if could just stop starting so many sentences with "and.")
I had someone ask me if it had been hard to come up with three things each day. The answer to that is 'no.' It wasn't. Well, there was one day when I had to sit and stew on it for a bit, but that was because I was in a foul mood, not because I was running out of blessings to count. Funny, that. Foul moods and negativity aren't conducive to a grateful heart. Something to remember, eh?
I have decided to continue my daily gratitude triplets. But, at this point, I will keep them to myself. I have a little journal by the side of my bed. I'll record my daily thanksgivings there instead of here in the blogosphere.
We spent Thanksgiving in Idaho with the Captain's family. Quite a large group. It was fun and it was delicious and I am now fatter than ever... and I do mean ever. At this point, I'm not sure December is the month to try to do something about that... but nevertheless, something has to be done.
Finally, on the last day of the month, I ended 13 months of unemployment. I officially have a job. I was poked, prodded, injected and I successfully peed in a cup. Since I have no concerns about failing a drug test, I can say with confidence: I am now officially employed.
So endeth perusing food blogs until 11:00 in the morning, staying in my pajamas until the afternoon, being available for any and every lunch invitation coming my way and being at the beckon call of any member of my family for any need. It's going to be a weird adjustment. Prior to my 13-month "sabbatical," I had worked for myself for 14 years (nine of those entirely out of my home)... so having to follow a structured work schedule created and assigned by someone else is going to be a bit of a change for me.... Not to mention a commute that is longer than from the bedroom to the kitchen to the office/den down the hall.
Change is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats!
Send me a email and spill the details!
Awesome Karla! I'm so happy for you...although, I know that you will miss your home-time. Love you!
Post a Comment