Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gratitude #4

Music and the Spoken Word.  Every Sunday at 9:30am Mountain Time.  KSL.  The Tabernacle Choir.  If our church meetings overlap, then the Cap'n records it to watch when we come home from church. Watched at broadcast time, it sets the tone for a Sabbath day.  Recorded and watched after we have returned home from church and settled into the afternoon, it prolongs the sense of Sabbath for just a bit longer.

I love choral music.  A large part of my background in music is based in choirs and chorales. Depending on the choir I was in, I have sung every part from tenor to second soprano.  I used to imagine being in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir -- "used to" being the operative phrase.  Now, I just listen... and enjoy the sound.
 
When I first heard the Choir's version of one particular song many years ago, it reminded me of Rob.  Months later, while driving to Boise on a Sunday, the CD was in the player.  The Cap'n heard it and said, "this song reminds me of Rob."  Moments like that are cool.  I'm grateful for those, too.

Here... you can enjoy it too, if you would like:



2 comments:

Sue said...

Exquisite.

Jaclyn said...

I love this song. Thanks for sharing.