It's that time of year again. However, we've been in the middle of two moves... our own and the Princess's, so things have been a little hectic. However, as of yesterday, the Princess has her new mattress set at her own new place (and no, I didn't put a pea under it... we all already know that yes, she is the Princess). Since that's kind of the final "she doesn't live here anymore" event, the Captain and I are now really believing she's out on her own. Good for her. It's all part of life and part of growing up.
Our own move is now almost completed. We are in the new place and only a very few boxes are left unpacked. The Princess's temporary room has now been converted to my office. The desk is being reassembled and the computers are connected. (yes, plural)
Gratitude #1: Tile floors, new carpet, stainless steel appliances, and a walk-in closet. Not a lot of square footage, but a lot of comfortable and cozy.
Gratitude #2: College football. Specifically BYU (my alma mater) and Alabama and USC (my childhood/adolescent favorites). The cleared Saturday calendars to enjoy the excitement of the games.
Gratitude #3: The Captain's love of college football. My first ride on the marriage-go-round had me paired with someone from another country... who didn't appreciate the beauty of American football or basketball, for that matter. I loved the sports, but I loved them alone. Now... the Captain and I sit and watch the games together. We cheer for the Cougs. We hate the Utes. We rise and shout (not at each other... yet another difference from the first marriages). We sigh and groan. We bleed blue. He tolerates USC; I plug my nose at UCLA. He's incredulous that I root for 'Bama, but I can still see that little bit of admiration that he has a wife who knows who Bear Bryant was
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment