Friday, November 27, 2009

Gratitude - Day 25

1 - a second marriage that, despite its challenges, has been better suited to me than my first marriage was.

2 - in-laws who have loved me and mine as a part of their own. To be accepted as a daughter, a sister, and an aunt in such a group has been a blessing I did not anticipate as I signed divorce papers ten years ago with the thought I was shutting the door to marriage in my life story.

3 - Thanksgiving leftovers that taste as good in Boise as they would in The Ridge.

2 comments:

bbarney3 said...

You are a beautiful, wonderful person, sister in law, friend, cook, writer, thinker, and daughter of God. Sure love you, DeEtte
Lets plan a family Christmas gathering other than the concert.

kim said...

Amen Sister! Our lives have all be so blessed to have you in our famiy, Karla! Not to mention how lucky our brother is have you! We also love your kids and your Mom!
So glad you could be here for Thanksgiving! You are the best!
Kim