Friday, November 6, 2009

Gratitude - Day 4

1 - my mother and father. Who taught me well and patiently. Who provided for my needs in every aspect of human development. Who didn't preach, but simply lived the Gospel they espoused. They lived it during comfortable times in their lives. They lived it during difficult times in their lives.

2 - my sister. I didn't really have much need for a big sister growing up. I was actually the more outgoing and daring of the two of us for most of our childhood years. But, it was after I was a "grown-up" myself (whatever that means) that I began to need a big sister. She has been the constant voice proclaiming and describing who I have always been even in the times I have forgotten or begun to doubt my identity and characteristics. I hope to say this correctly so I don't conjure up an image of pleated skirts and pom poms. Here goes: She is my dignified cheerleader. All the encouragement without the superfluous fru-fru that makes it easy to dismiss the message.

3 - my brother. The kindest person I know and the cutest little boy there ever was. He looks for good. He focuses on good. When he visits with people, he concerns himself more with their comfort than his own... regardless of the fact that his distress is actually greater. He has not let circumstances define him or dismiss him. He has a genuine ability to accept people for who they are. It isn't something he feels he "should" do. It comes naturally to him. And... of the three siblings, (I think my sister would agree), he is the nicest. By far.

1 comment:

Suz said...

BEAUTIFUL


Luvs

Suz