1 – Time with Josh. Of all my children, he has been the best “multi-tasker” about splitting his time between two families. He lived with the ex for part of his senior year. He lived there again prior to his mission and again for a few months after returning from his mission. While it’s hard to not have your children with you all the time, it’s a price to be paid for divorce. I never felt it was right to try to obligate, manipulate or guilt a child to “choose” one parent over the other. I tried to put myself in their shoes. If I had ever had to “choose” between my dad and my mom, I would have felt impossibly conflicted.
Josh has decided to attend school here in Utah, for now. So, he has been here at home since the end of the summer. It has been a blast. He’s very quiet by nature. But, he’s also hilariously funny. He’s quick witted and likes to tease and banter with the Captain. Last month, he decided the foyer of Chuck-A-Rama was the perfect spot for a boxing ring.
He does accents quite well, and ever since Katie got her mission call to Scotland, he’s been speaking almost constantly in a Scottish brogue.
We laugh a lot around here, and almost always it’s with Josh.
2 – Bill Pay. Love it. No envelopes. No check writing. Verifiable delivery.
3 – Traveling plans. Headed to Texas for Turkey Day. Starting negotiations with the Captain for a winter trip to sunny San Diego. I love road trips.

No comments:
Post a Comment