Friday, November 5, 2010

Gratitude 2010 - Day Five

1 - Working from home while the Captain recovers. Yep, I've taken the stereotypical approach. Some days I've worked in my pajamas until noon. Other days I've not gotten out of bed until ten minutes before the start of my shift. Oh, wait, no... I guess that was on the same days I worked in my pajamas. Drinking hot cocoa at my desk in my very cool Disney Villians mug that I would never think of taking to work lest my co-workers discover my true nature. (Bwah ha ha ha!) Eating dinner leftovers for lunch... in my own kitchen. Waving at the mailman.

2 - Paydays! Money in my pocket. Money in my account. Bills paid.

3 - Paying tithing. Grateful to be able. Grateful the Lord keeps his word as regards to it. Hope He knows I'm more than happy to write those checks. No resentment at all. No wishing I could keep it in my account. It's a small gesture, I know, but when I consider all the bounty with which I'm blessed... and not just financial and temporal, but also spiritual, inter-relational, and all the rest... well, I'm just grateful to make the gesture to the Lord.

I think this sums it up:



For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies;
For the love which from our birth,
Over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For the wonder of each hour,
Of the day and of the night;
Hill and vale and tree and flow'r,
Sun and moon, and stars of light;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For the joy of ear and eye,
For the heart and mind's delight;
For the mystic harmony,
Linking sense to sound and sight;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child;
Friends on Earth and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For Thy church that evermore,
Lifteth holy hands above;
Off'ring up on ev'ry shore,
Her pure sacrifice of love;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For the martyrs' crown of light,
For Thy prophets' eagle eye,
For Thy bold confessors' might,
For the lips of infancy.
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For Thyself, best Gift Divine,
To the world so freely given,
For that great, great love of Thine,
Peace on earth and joy in heaven.
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

by Folliott S. Pierpoint, 1864

No comments: