1 - Traveling cars in good condition. Not having to worry about breakdowns along the road. Heaters and air conditioners. Power windows and power locks. So many things that make a ride enjoyable and comfortable.
2 - Time away from Texas. I left Texas in 1999 with a bitter taste and bitter experience in my mouth. I returned in 2000 to collect my things and again in 2003 for court wranglings with the same sense of dislike. Rather than assign the bitterness where it belonged, I put it on Texas. It became the butt of my jokes and the place I would never go again.
But time has done what it's supposed to do. Texas is a place. To be going to visit family there this month is something I'm looking forward to. Texas is now the place where R & R and Christian live. It's the place Marian the Librarian and her Stalwart Husband live. This year it's the place the turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes are found. Who would have imagined I'd be all about the family reunion in Texas? I might even drive by my old house and neighborhood... motivated out of curiosity. No bitterness.
3 - My grandma's dinner rolls recipe. Four generations of use now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment