1 - The start of a new day. Yesterday is over. Today may be a repeat of the previous. It may be a continuation. It may be something entirely different. It may be a combination -- part continuation, part something new. The possibilities for change that a new day brings renew me. The possibility to build on the past reinforces me. Every new day is a reminder of the gift of agency.
The sun comes up over the Wasatch mountains. The neighbors start up their cars and the sound of the motors' humming and revving comes through the windows and under the doors. The hope of it being cold enough for hot cocoa is with me right about the time I throw back the blankets and look for my slippers. The furnace wakes up and warm air makes its way through the hallways.
2 - The end of each day. Maybe exhausted. Maybe exhiliarated. Maybe defeated. Maybe just calmly transitioning. Cold, crisp sheets. Warm soft blankets and comforters. A lamp on the end table for reading. A book and my reading glasses perched on the edge, just waiting for these final ten-fifteen minutes. The Captain and I each have a reading lamp. We sit with pillows propped and read our respective books. Each night my eyes tell me I'm done long before my interest in the story wanes, but that's okay. Tomorrow will end, too and I'll pick up where I left off.
3 - Grape-raspberry Vitamin Water Zero. Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Karla - I'm so glad you are doing this again this year. I remember that I enjoyed it last year, too! You are so good at realizing your blessings. It's helping me to realize mine, and be more grateful for the simple things in my life. Thanks for doing it, and for being such a great example to me! Love you so much! :)
Post a Comment