1 - Rob. The Captain's oldest son. Kind and accepting. Quiet warrior with the battle scars and empathy to prove it. The other day as I worked my way through yet another moving box, I found a card I had received from him for Mother's Day along with a bottle of perfume. I sat back, read through it and remembered that day a few years ago. Now Rob has a son of his own. He's a good dad. Attentive and affectionate.
2 - Brett. Stepson #2. Resolute. Not a lot of fanfare but a lot of forward motion. Not afraid of things. Lots of friends. Generous. He's given me his honest opinions and answers when I've asked him difficult questions. He was the one at the hospital waiting for the Captain to come out of surgery. He brought Juliann and Mae to come see him while recovering. Mae lights up the Captain's world so that was a very nice thing for him to do.
3 - Spencer. Stepson #3. A part of my life since he was eleven years old. Funny. Quick-witted. Tender-hearted. We always looked forward to the weekends he was coming to the house. I don't know how many times I had to answer the question, "Is it a Spencer weekend?" The perfect addition to Josh and Jon -- kind of like completing the Three Muskateers. Josh, Jon and Katie adore him. So do I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment